One of our top clients out of Culver City, California is looking for a Contracts Administrator to join their team for a short term contract with the potential for extensions.
This is a 2 month hybrid engagement where they’re looking to have someone assist with their management of production in 15 international territories. They are looking for candidates who have worked in a support role or as a paralegal in the entertainment industry.
Duration: 1-2 Month to start, potential for extension
Location: Culver City, California- Hybrid (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday on Site)
The Contracts Administrator Conducts conducts activities under the guidance of attorneys. Supports the drafting of various development, production and distribution agreements in the entertainment industry.
- Manages all documentation required to ensure legal compliance for production partners.
- Manages the proper filling out and dissemination of start paperwork.
- Applies for and distributes internal project ID numbers.
- Reads contracts and distills the information into various reports (e.g., option status, remake status, contract status).
- Manages the acquisition and distribution of European Work certificates.
- Distributes and administers standard contracts and agreements.
- Assists with vendor payments, and provides general secretarial work (e.g., phones, scheduling, and filing).
- Conducts semi-routine legal research and prepares summaries of findings.
- May advise the team on routine matters.
- Serves as the primary point of contact in assigned areas of legal support both for attorneys and internal client groups served.
- Other responsibilities include document/contract management, working closely with Legal Compliance, working with producers & other stakeholders, reporting/tracking, etc. Fast-paced environment, detail-oriented, positive team culture, etc
Our client is only looking for individuals who have worked in a support position or as a paralegal in (i) the legal department of a motion picture company, TV company, or (ii) an entertainment law firm.