Location: Torrance CA
Rate: Based on Experience
Program Lead role:
Our team needs support on leading and managing programs. This person will provide coverage on the roles for which we currently do not have the bandwidth.
We have been winning large strategic programs and in order to execute on the programs from a management pov and additional resources are required to continue to win the next set of contracts.
20%-25% of this person’s time will be spent working on new bids.
1. Short phone screen ~15-20 minutes
2. Zoom Video call with Hiring Manager
3. 2nd Zoom Video call with VP, and Sr. Director
4. In Person Interview ~3hours
LOCATION: Torrance, CA (Note**currently remote and onsite…a 9/80 schedule is a possibility, some remote is possible long term but the position is definitely an onsite requirement)
TITLE: Program Lead
POSITION: Direct Hire
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Program Lead for our team which specializes in rugged displays, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) sensor systems, and military wearable electronics for tactical applications.
The successful candidate will be a direct contributor to the planning and execution of new and on-going engineering and new product development programs related to state-of-the-art electronics systems that will lead to the expansion of our product portfolio.
The individual should have established technical and interpersonal skills necessary to lead a multi-disciplinary project team of engineers and scientists. Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential to support regular communication with government customers as well as various internal support organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain project schedules depicting all project prerequisite activities, manufacturing operations, purchasing activities, and customer commitments as required per program Statement of Work (SOW)
- Create and maintain project budget including cost profiles as required per the customer SOW & Specification for all managed projects including engineering, production, and support
- Lead project related tasks, including supporting customer presentations and meetings, collecting action items and generating minutes from Project Team meetings
- Coordinate primary aspects of customer communication, including status update meetings, technical reports and presentations, and technology demonstrations
- Strong understanding on how to generate, track, and trace back the Contract and Product Requirements with a Traceability Matrix
- Report back to management status on led projects regarding technical status, current budget and evaluation of the projected efforts with respect to remaining budget
- Work with customers to ensure all requirements for all deliverables including their integration and fielding are understood and addressed
- Manage suppliers, subcontractors, consultants, and external project contributors to ensure project success and timely deliveries
- Support Business Development activities related to the Military and Aerospace product portfolio including proposal preparation, quoting, and creation of the Project Work Plans as required, through the creation and maintenance of project schedules, cost profiles, and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Conduct business travel for meetings and demonstration events
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, physics, or a related technical discipline
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred, with 2-3 years related project management experience
- PMP certification a plus
- 5+ years in a technical design role for rugged avionics electronic or electro-mechanical systems
- 3+ years in a program management or engineering lead role in engineering or R&D environment.
- Experience with government and/or military contracts
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance
- Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations, or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal
- The ability to understand technical concepts across a range of fields (mechanical, electrical, and production) to identify and mitigate programmatic risks
- The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance
- The ability to effectively plan, define, establish, communicate, monitor, and control scope to ensure that all work required and only the work required is performed
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills that suit the role of a facilitator of programmatic and technical activities
- The ability to coordinate and finalize high-quality technical writing and presentation slides with little or no supervision
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to maintain a clear schedule picture of multiple projects simultaneously and to carefully track detailed contract requirements
- Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF)
- Experience with Display Avionics Systems is a plus
- Experience in design of aircraft products, installation, integration, DO178C, and DO254 is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in MS Project, Visio, DOORS preferred
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
What You Could Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded.
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency.
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors.
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (plus an additional 40 hours of PTO your first day)
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance