Job Location – Los Angeles, CA 90032 (Hybrid preferred, Remote will be considered)
Rate – $40 – $50 p/h
Under the supervision and guidance of the department leader and/or seasoned analysts, Revenue Cycle Applications Analyst I will work with external vendors, system owners, community partners, contractors, and leadership to design, develop, implement and make operational revenue cycle information systems including but not limited to PBAR, Siemens MedSeries 4, Cerner, Change Healthcare, nThrive (MedAssets) Suite, Relay Assurance Plus, Visiquate, GE Centricity, PatientKeeper and others. This incumbent will identify and document information technology design specifications based on analysis/assessment of user needs and generate need-gap analyses. This person will use expert knowledge to generate and develop system scope and objective, analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems and devise or modify procedures to solve problems Using data processing.
In addition, the Revenue Cycle Applications Analyst I acts as an application administrator by ensuring data integrity, maintaining system security, extracting, analyzing and transforming data, facilitating user/vendor communication, and managing software upgrades, implementations and/or conversions. The Rev Cycle Application Analyst I also understands the functional workflow and processes of the Departments (s)he supports and maintains system functionality and design in support of workflow efficiency and user/department productivity.
The Revenue Cycle Applications Analyst I will also focus primarily on direct customer services while also participating in project related activities. They will also analyze, plan, design, create and maintain simple to intermediate level reports leveraging various technologies including but not limited to IBM Showcase, QlikView, Cerner Command Language (CCL), OnDemand, and Siemens MedSeries 4 Query/Reports.
- Associate’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant business support and/or information technology support experience if no Associate’s degree.
- Some experience in relevant business support and/or information technology support experience highly desired
- Familiarity and experience 3M, PBAR, MedSeries4, Change Healthcare, nThrive, Patient Keeper experience, and/or Revenue Cycle experience (Scheduling, Registration, HIM coding & abstracting, Patient Accounting and Billing) a plus
- Healthcare experience in either Ambulatory or Acute Care setting a plus
- Strong customer service focus
- Good organization skills with ability to prioritize multiple activities in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Customer Service:
- Addresses customer questions, concerns, enhancement requests, communicates with customers, handles services problems and tickets politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedures, utilizes problem solving skills, maintains pleasant and professional image. Customers may include both internal department users, vendors, and peers within IS.
- Technical Skills and Industry Knowledge:
- Assist and participate in with system activities both project and operational support-related, understands application build, design, and technical infrastructure, maintains knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards (i.e. ITIL). Knowledgeable of industry best practices, conventions and regulations as well as emerging and evolving technologies.
- Team Work and Project Management:
- Helps team leader/manager/director to establish project goals, milestones and procedures, Works on projects throughout the organization, monitors and reports on project task progress, and involved in multiple projects. Manages own work efforts for projects and manages time effectively while assuring attention to details.
- Reports & Analytics:
- Generate both standard and ad hoc reports. Ability to design and assist in developing non-standard/custom reports as required.
- Solution Design and Development:
- Analyze events, documentation, requirements and needs to design and develop solutions to solve problems and/or meet organization’s needs. Helps formulate scope and objectives. Utilizes critical analytical and problem solving skills to arrive at recommendations and proposes solutions to department leaders.
- Performance Improvement/Transformation/Innovation:
- Demonstrates an ongoing understanding of and actively participates in performance improvement activities, identifies and proactively pursues business transformation, uses innovation to enhance/solve current system and business workflow problems. Act as the point of contact for department functions in relationship to implementing and managing responsible systems.
- Assist in training new staff members on applicable systems/applications. Responsible for working with customer and/or vendors with training on new systems being implemented and rolled out for use in the departments.
- Other Duties and On-Call:
- Ability to fulfil On-Call requirements and other duties as assigned.