Electronics Engineer (Senior or Lead) – PCB Design
Torrance, CA 90501 – Onsite – (980 Schedule)
Permanent / Direct Hire
Senior Electronics Engineer needed for a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough, mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military and commercial markets. We design, develop, and manufacture novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
This role will design printed circuit boards (PCB Design), develop firmware, identify and debug issues, and develop solutions while working on products from conception to production.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, You’ll:
- Design quick turn circuit boards to meet program needs using Altium with Concord Pro to manage the designs and library components.
- Develop firmware using our Common Libraries in C for PIC microcontrollers with potential for some ARM based and FPGA development.
- Perform peer circuit and code reviews and provide constructive technical feedback to your team members.
- Identify technical issues, propose solutions, and ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve the technical issues.
- Write plans for testing hardware for fielding of prototypes with potential of transitioning prototypes to production.
- Cooperate and communicate with the project manager and other project participants and collaborate with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project’s adherence to a budget.
- Ensure the project’s compliance with the applicable practices and performance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Table as a Senior Electrical Engineer:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5-8+ years of analog/digital circuit design with firmware development for low power standalone sensor systems.
- Deep technical understanding and proficiency in C programming for microcontrollers.
- Passion for electronics and hardware design with creative and critical thinking.
- Strong E-CAD skill, preferably with Altium.
- Experience in development/management of: Concept of operations, system design, system architecture, and requirements.
- Ability to deliver on multiple project timelines in a fast-paced development small team environment.
- Excellent computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) including presenting design progress during major project milestones (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR).
- Fun and open personality ready to work with a diverse team of engineers, program managers, and support staff.
Nice To Haves:
- Technical leadership skillset or desire with potential to grow into technical supervisor.
- Experience with MIL-STD testing.
- Experience in leading multiple projects simultaneously while meeting milestone deliverables.
- PIC based experience. ARM based experience is a plus.
- Machine shop/electromechanical skills for quick prototype testing and verification.
- Capable of producing engineering drawings and documentation with an understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Experience with in-situ sensing technologies, such as environmental sensors.
- Strong background in physics with an equal desire to learn how things work.
- Ability to apply advanced math to develop algorithms and sensor calibrations.
What You Can Expect:
- The ability to innovate, transition a prototype technology into a new product, and to be rewarded
- The chance to continually work on new differing technologies and implement simple elegant solutions to meet customer needs and potentially make an impact
- Leadership that enables its engineers with all the tools they need to be successful